Can't you get it working on any Operating System ?
Are you getting the dreaded "Self-Assigned IP" ?
If so, this post is for you...
Many people contact me with issues getting their LAN working.
Some ever though of replacing the motherboard as the LAN appears to be "dead".
In most cases, it's nothing to be afraid of... The "Dead Realtek NIC" symptom is quite common on Gigabyte boards (among others), and, usually, there's no need to RMA it, nor hurry and buy a new NIC or Motherboard.
Just follow this procedure, testing again after each step, until your NIC is working again:
- Verify that the Ethernet port is clean of dust and lint
- Check your Ethernet cables are working
You might want to try the cable with another computer, or try another set of cables
- Check your switch/router port is functional (might want to try a different port)
- Verify that LAN is enabled in your BIOS
- Unplug your PC, and leave it off for a couple of minutes. Then plug and turn on your PC, enter SmartLAN in BIOS.
Most of the times, this solves the issues !
- Clear CMOS and reconfigure BIOS
- If it still doesn't help, reflash BIOS, and reconfigure your BIOS.
Still having problems ?
Leave a comment below and I'll try to help !